Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Debt Resolution Overview
Chapter 13 bankruptcy involves reorganizing and consolidating your debts.
Our bankruptcy attorney will often recommend this debt resolution solution in cases where the individual does not qualify to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, desires to make good on some or all of their debts, wants to avoid foreclosure of their home, or has another circumstance that makes Chapter 13 bankruptcy the best debt resolution solution for their particular situation. Our bankruptcy attorney is happy to meet with you to discuss whether or not this option is right for you.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Fast Facts:
- For Individuals with a regular monthly income.
- It is primarily for individuals who can afford to pay something towards their unsecured debt.
- It is a repayment plan and unsecured creditors may get a pro-rated share that ranges from 0% – 100% of their claim.
- Allows for the curing of a default of a secured debt such as a mortgage.
- The length of the plan may very but they are typically 60 months.
- May be very helpful to save your home when you are facing foreclosure if you can cure your default within 60 months.
- Must look at a Chapter 13 bankruptcy Means Test to determine what disposable income should be paid to the unsecured creditors.